Linux System And WebSphere Applications Lead/Architect
Post Date: May 22, 2020
Post Date: May 22, 2020
Key Skills: Linux System And WebSphere Applications Lead/Architect
Lead analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure and application issues in conjunction with application owners and vendors.
• Lead efforts in developing and implementing automation strategies for infrastructure builds, OS and application patching, configuration changes and maintenance updates.
• Lead efforts in providing recommendations regarding optimization methods or configuration of Disability and Entitlement Imaging Systems equipment.
• Review and provide recommendations for upgrades, adoption of new technology changes or updates aligned with the business requirements and maturity of the infrastructure and application platform.
• Plan and implement changes and upgrades in compliance with agency wide standards
• Manage and support the RHEL Operating System platform and WebSphere middleware application.
• Assist in the design and execution of performance analysis tools, such as WebSphere monitoring, on various hardware and software configurations.
• Evaluate configurations, vulnerabilities, and risks in relation to the agency's security model and industry standards.
• Respond to alerts generated by monitoring infrastructure tools.
• Participate in IT modernization efforts such as migrating document management mainframe workloads to x86/Linux infrastructure.
• Participate in conference calls, meetings and testing activities.
• Document all hardware and software changes, incidents, and testing results as per the agency policy.
• Experience or more as a Unix/Linux system administrator, with 5 years specific to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7).
• Experience or more using IBM WebSphere Application Server managing and supporting enterprise applications.
• Experience as a lead DevOps/Agile Engineer collaborating, defining requirements and articulating paths forward.
• Designing, leading and driving technical direction to mature integration and value of a major platform.
• Leading projects and providing updates to all levels of leadership demonstrating strong verbal and written communications.
• Ansible creating and running playbooks and automating operating system installation.
• Using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to manage logical volumes or file systems.
• Experience or more using Bash and Perl Scripting to automate daily OS level tasks, monitoring